Scheduler – Flatiron
Develop, monitor and manage multiple schedules for medium to large construction projects.
What you will be doing
- Develops and manages conceptual (RFP), bidding (preconstruction) and final project schedules from preliminary and ongoing project information for estimating, preconstruction, and operations departments use.
- Attends job site meetings, work and meet with stakeholders, and contact and visit job sites in order to develop the project schedule.
- Develops standard and custom graphs and charts for site personnel to manage the project.
- Builds and maintains a database of activity groups with as-built information for future use and reference.
- Prepares Time Impact Analysis for identified risks to schedule and budget.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Provides support and guidance to ensure the baseline schedule submission is timely, complete, accurate, and in compliance with standard company procedures and the contract.
- Assists jobs as needed with schedule maintenance and change order management.
- Participates in financial and legal project reviews as necessary to evaluate and mitigate any schedule risk in accordance with standard company procedures.
- Builds owner activities, project close-out activities, and activities from Technical Services and Safety Departments into all project schedules.
- Develops documentation for claims – assist operations personnel in identifying situations where a claim is likely and take early steps to prevent these claims and/or defend the company and, as appropriate the owner, from these claims.
- Participates in meetings regarding project delay issues and suggest alternative means and methods of scheduling in order to recover the project’s progress as appropriate.
- Prepares monthly schedule status report for project management and the Scheduling Manager.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or Civil Engineering preferred
- 7+ years of heavy civil construction scheduler experience.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with others.
- Advanced knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Proven skill and ability to identify and mitigate scheduling issues for simple and complex construction projects.
- Proficient with the generation and maintenance of cost and resource loaded schedules.
- Ability to self-prioritize and self-start projects and task work.
- Ability to effectively multi-task similar activities in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to become fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by date of hire to be considered.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
The potential candidates can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they have any questions