Seattle, WA – The Seattle Section of AACE International (Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering) the Authority for Total Cost Management, announces the opening of the 2023 Scholarship Award Program for undergraduate and graduate students.
Three (3) Scholarship Awards will be given at $1,000 each.
✔ A membership to the AACEI Seattle Section will also be awarded with each scholarship
Applications due 11:59 PM on June 5th, 2023.
Download the cover sheet and announcement to apply.
Link to cover sheet »
Link to scholarship announcement and instructions »
Sound Transit is transforming the region, with system expansion projects taking place through 2040, we will more than quadruple the current service area. The Project Control Manager will be responsible for the Central Corridor projects. The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing and implementing program management systems and processes as well as reporting for multi-billion dollar complex capital projects; strong leadership skills with proven ability to provide independent evaluation of project performance that enables prompt and proactive management decision making; advance level experience in all facets of project control functions (cost, scheduling, estimating, risk management, and change management, etc.). CCP certification from AACE International is preferred.
Under general direction of the Director, Project Control Delivery and Reporting, manages, supervises and coordinates the activities of professional project control staff in performing a full range of program management and control functions for a major corridor with projects of various scope, size, complexity; manages the development and implementation of integrated program management and control (cost and scheduling) tools, techniques, and methods for establishing, measuring, monitoring, controlling, and reporting progress and performance of capital projects; serves as technical advisor to assigned executive project director related to project controls systems and procedures to achieve on-time and on-budget goals.
Scheduler – Flatiron
Develop, monitor and manage multiple schedules for medium to large construction projects.
What you will be doing
- Develops and manages conceptual (RFP), bidding (preconstruction) and final project schedules from preliminary and ongoing project information for estimating, preconstruction, and operations departments use.
- Attends job site meetings, work and meet with stakeholders, and contact and visit job sites in order to develop the project schedule.
- Develops standard and custom graphs and charts for site personnel to manage the project.
- Builds and maintains a database of activity groups with as-built information for future use and reference.
- Prepares Time Impact Analysis for identified risks to schedule and budget.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Provides support and guidance to ensure the baseline schedule submission is timely, complete, accurate, and in compliance with standard company procedures and the contract.
- Assists jobs as needed with schedule maintenance and change order management.
- Participates in financial and legal project reviews as necessary to evaluate and mitigate any schedule risk in accordance with standard company procedures.
- Builds owner activities, project close-out activities, and activities from Technical Services and Safety Departments into all project schedules.
- Develops documentation for claims – assist operations personnel in identifying situations where a claim is likely and take early steps to prevent these claims and/or defend the company and, as appropriate the owner, from these claims.
- Participates in meetings regarding project delay issues and suggest alternative means and methods of scheduling in order to recover the project’s progress as appropriate.
- Prepares monthly schedule status report for project management and the Scheduling Manager.
- Maintains knowledge of Company values and strategic plan.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or Civil Engineering preferred
- 7+ years of heavy civil construction scheduler experience.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with others.
- Advanced knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Proven skill and ability to identify and mitigate scheduling issues for simple and complex construction projects.
- Proficient with the generation and maintenance of cost and resource loaded schedules.
- Ability to self-prioritize and self-start projects and task work.
- Ability to effectively multi-task similar activities in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Advanced verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to become fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by date of hire to be considered.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
The potential candidates can contact email@example.com if they have any questions